- The Festival is a celebration of all things Western Australian, so the only wildflowers you’ll see are native to WA.
- We love getting everyone involved, so most Festival events and activities are free, from displays, to guided walks and talks.
- We have an army of passionate horticulturists and volunteers who are recognised as being among the most skilled in the world. Behind the scenes, they are supported by the Kings Park Nursery, which produces all the plants you see in gardens from seed. This year alone, the Kings Park Nursery has grown more than 25,000 plants which will bloom for the first time at the 2020 Kings Park Festival.
- Around 400,000 people are expected to visit the Kings Park Festival this September. That’s the entire population of the Australian Capital Territory!
- It's a year-round preparation for the Kings Park Festival, with approximately 25 staff and 20 volunteers planting wildflowers for a three-month period leading up to the Festival. Garden planning, seed germination and growing plants in the nursery happens up to three years in advance of each Festival.
- The Festival is made possible by a diverse team which includes Kings Park staff and volunteers from the Friends of Kings Park, Kings Park Volunteer Guides, Kings Park Master Gardeners and Friends of Bold Park Bushland.